Terms & Conditions
Term and conditions of hire
Definitions and interpretations
‘Customer’ – means the person or people who are hiring these deckchairs in accordance with the terms and conditions.
‘Company’ – means Anywhere Deckchairs.
‘Event’ – means the period for which the deckchairs are being hired.
‘Payment’ – means the sum payable by the customer for the rental of deckchairs from Anywhere Deckchairs in accordance with these terms and conditions.
‘Refundable Deposit’ – means the sum payable at the time of booking and returned to the customer 7 days after the event subject to the deckchairs being returned in the same condition as they were delivered.
‘Rental’ – means the hiring of the deckchairs by the customer in accordance with terms and conditions.
‘Rental agreement’ – means the agreement entered into by the customer and Anywhere Deckchairs these terms and conditions.
Terms of rental
- The rental period and cost shall be laid out in detail on the rental agreement. This shall include but is not exclusive to the cost of hiring the deckchairs, any delivery charges incurred, the rental period, the address for delivery and collection, the customer’s name and contact number.
- The rental period/quantity can be extended following any signing of the rental agreement but a new rental agreement must be signed before the event in agreement with the company who will inform you of additional charges. If this is not carried out, you will be liable for all charges incurred by the company to recover the deckchairs in accordance with the original rental agreement.
- The customer is responsible to ensure all safety measures are in place over the rental period as required.
- The customer takes full responsibility for the deckchairs over the rental period.
Terms of payment
- The payment will be determined according the length of the rental, the quantity of deckchairs hired and the price of the deckchair per day as listed at the time of booking. Additional charges can be added for delivery and collection. This will be clearly laid out in the rental agreement at the time of booking.
- Payment shall consist of 20% of the total of the order PLUS the refundable deposit at the time of booking. The following 80% of the total order shall be paid no less than 6 weeks before the event.
- If the booking is less than 6 weeks before the event, then the full amount must be paid at the time of booking PLUS the refundable deposit.
- The deposit shall be payable at the time of booking.
- The deposit shall be a minimum of £100 up to a maximum of the cost of replacing 10% of the number of deckchairs hired.
- At the end of the rental period, the deckchairs will be inspected for damage. If the deckchairs require cleaning following normal use the full deposit shall be returned. If the deckchairs are found to be damaged the company shall retain the deposit in full or part, to cover the cost of replacing the damaged deckchairs.
- The cost for replacing a deckchair is set at £50.00 per deckchair.
- Following inspection of the deckchairs, all monies due to the customer will be returned within a 7 day period.
Delivery and collection
- Following receipt of payment and the refundable deposit the company shall deliver the deckchairs to the agreed address on the date as set out in the rental agreement.
- The company shall endeavour to deliver the deckchairs to ensure that delivery is made on time however shall not be liable for failure to do so if circumstances are out of our control.
- The customer or an authorised person, agreed beforehand, should be available on the date agreed in the rental agreement to take receipt of the deckchairs and to sign for the delivery.
- On delivery a declaration is signed stating that the deckchairs have been delivered in good condition, If there are any issues at the time of delivery then the delivery driver must be advised before signing the document.
- If the customer is not available at that time of delivery, the customer shall be liable for all charges should the delivery need to be re-arranged.
- Delivery, outside of local area, shall be charged at 45p per mile.
- Should the company be unable to deliver the deckchairs, the cancellation policy shall apply
- At the end of the rental period on the date agreed in the rental agreement, the customer shall ensure the deckchairs are available for collection.
- In the event that on the day agreed in the rental agreement that the deckchairs are not available for collection, then the customer will be charged the daily rate for the deckchairs until they are returned to the company at the customer’s expense. Any deckchairs not returned the customer will be required to pay the cost of replacing the deckchairs at the cost of £50.00 per chair.
Care of the deckchairs
- The customer may only use the deckchairs for the normal purpose for which they are intended.
- The deckchairs must not be used in an improper manner.
- The deckchairs must not be altered or amended in any way, including attaching anything to the deckchair by means of screws, nails or adhesive fixings.
- The customer should not attempt to make any repairs to the deckchair.
- Any damage to the deckchairs should be reported to the company at the earliest opportunity preferably before collection.
- The customer is liable for the safe storage and keeping of the deckchairs including protection from weather damage. The customer should also insure against loss, damage and theft.
- The company is not liable for loss, damage or theft of the deckchairs from the start of the rental period until the end of the rental period as laid out in the rental agreement.
- Any chair that has been lost stolen or damaged will be charged for at te rate of £50.00 per chair.
- The company will not be liable for loss, damage or injury as a result of improper use of the chair.
- The company shall not be liable for any other loss or damage which arises out of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Notice to cancel the rental agreement must be made in writing or by e-mail to the company prior to the event.
- If notice is received up to 28 days before the event – all monies paid including the deposit will be refunded.
- If noticed is received 7-27 days before the event – all monies paid including the deposit will be refunded less 20% of the total rental cost.
- Less than 7 days – deposit only refunded.